DiSC® is the leading personal assessment tool used by over 1 million people every year to improve productivity, teamwork, and communication.
The DiSC® assessment provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and adapt their behaviors with others — within a work team, a relationship, a leadership position, marriage relationship, other relationships, and someone who is interested in learning about themselves.
DiSC® profiles help you:
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members
- Facilitate better teamwork and teach productive conflict
- Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles
- Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
- Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders
- Increase your knowledge about your spouse
- Develop better understanding and skills in communicating with your spouse
DiSC® measures your tendencies and preferences — your patterns of behavior. It does not measure intelligence, aptitude, mental health or values. DiSC® profiles describe human behavior in various situations. For example, the DiSC® questionnaire asks about how you respond to challenges, how you influence others, how you respond to rules and procedures, and about your preferred pace of activity. It does not measure every dimension of your personality.
The DiSC® model discusses four reference points:
Dominance – direct, strong-willed and forceful
Influence – sociable, talkative and lively
Steadiness – gentle, accommodating and soft-hearted
Conscientiousness – private, analytical and logical